To secure a position where my talents as a writer and editor will play a vital role.
1996-present Aetna/ US Healthcare Middletown, CT
- Authorize medical treatment and surgeries of insured individuals.
- Serve as a resource for hospitals, medical facilities, patients and their families.
- Frequently work on several accounts at once in addition to off-line projects
1994-present Density Publishing Binghamton, NY
Publisher and Editor
- Publish an independent, international magazine available at major bookstores.
- Selected as part of a 1996 exhibit titled "alt.youth.media" at the New Museum in Manhattan.
- Positively reviewed in national publications including Details, Film Threat and The Chicago Sun Times.
1994-1996 Learning Skills, Inc. Northampton, MA
- Worked with students individually and in small groups teaching reading and study skills at various colleges and prep schools including The United States Naval Academy and Wheaton College.
1993-1994 Action for Older Persons Binghamton, NY
- Compiled data and research for informative articles concerning assistance and programs available for older persons in the Southern Tier.
- Assisted in layout and production of various publications and newsletters.
1989-1994 WHRW-FM Binghamton, NY
- FCC-licensed engineer, host, researcher and main creative consultant for a very successful weekly call-in game show, as well as several music, sports and public affairs shows.
Public Affairs Director
- Contacted local public interest groups and organized 20 weekly hours of on-air programming as well as special events and public service announcements.
1988-1993 Binghamton University Binghamton, NY
- B.A., English with specialization in Creative Writing.
- Selected as recipient of George R. Dunham award for excellence in writing.
Related Skills and Interests:
Have had articles and stories published in numerous independent magazines. Free-lance music reviewer for the Binghamton Press and Sun Bulletin. IBM and Macintosh proficient. Excellent organizational skills. Interests include pop culture, music, movies, literature, sports and role playing games.